We are looking for a hands-on Product Manager to champion all aspects of product roadmap development, translating product strategy into detailed requirements, and managing the overall product life cycle. Helping address customer challenges in the tax compliance workstream for public accounting firms and their clients, as well as solving existing pain points in the final tax return assembly and delivery phase. The ideal candidate is passionate about building products that customers love and is driven and results oriented. Additionally, the best candidates will thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and be comfortable working with cross-functional teams across various time zones to design, build and rollout solutions that deliver unique value to customers and help us grow and scale our business.
This Job Description indicates some or all of the following key responsibilities and qualifications.
- Works closely with Product team to translate strategy and voice of customer into discrete product propositions that improve the customer (firm) and client (firm clients) experience and drive growth. Gain a deep understanding of customer experience and user personas to identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas to grow market share.
- Continually gather and analyze customer, competitive, and market trends, including collecting and understanding customer pain points and unmet needs.
- Leverage customer insights and market intelligence to actively influence product direction, product roadmap decisions, and overall product strategy. This will include championing a detailed 12-month product roadmap and a broader 1-3 year product outlook.
- Work closely with development on feature prioritization and delivery.
- Actively identify and implement ways to make it easier for our customers to do business with us.
- In partnership with Product and the Leadership Team, assess product line viability and determine the best path forward, including opportunities, potential partnerships, divest/sunset, and resource management.
- Engage with customers, the broader product team, and professional services team to validate key product road map details.
- Team with Sales and Marketing on internal training, and proper product messaging and positioning.
- Drive product and feature launches including working with sales, client success, marketing, support, and others.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Reports to the Chief Technology Officer with a strong dotted line to the CEO.
- Proven work experience in technology product management or product development
- Proven track record of managing a software/technology product throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, web technologies, and an agile development environment
- Knowledge of the Public Accounting space and professional tax preparation strongly preferred.
- An outside-in focus: outstanding end-user relationship skills and market knowledge.
- Excellent learning and communication capabilities
- Strong strategic analysis skills and good product intuition
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable outcomes, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- Team player with good collaboration and listening skills
Why join cPaperless SafeSend?
We love serving our customers, making technology tools that help people, and being part of a vibrant organization that is team oriented. These characteristics helped us be a multi-year technology innovation award winner and deliver on our promise to offer Best-in-Class software design and customer service. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including company-paid health benefits, company-matched 401 (k) plan and Section 125 plan. We provide an environment that encourages a healthy lifestyle promoting work/life balance and overall employee well-being. We also offer paid vacation time off, sick leave and holidays. Our new Ann Arbor office is where we plan to continue to grow and we’re looking for new team members to add to our culture and makes us an even better organization.
For immediate consideration, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference Product Manager in the subject line.
SafeSend is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local law.
- No of Vacancies: 1
- Date Posted: March 1, 2020
- Expiry Date: December 31, 2020
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Any
- Years of Experience: 3+
- Based in our new Ann Arbor, Michigan office at 8186 Jackson Rd.
- Salary Type: Negotiable